London: Conservative Party leadership contender Indian-origin sage sunki Has said he knows he is behind UK Foreign Secretary Lizzo truss In the race for British PM but he doesn’t think racism is to blame. Sunak said this in an interview to the Daily Telegraph.
Sunak was born in the UK to a Kenyan-born Hindu Punjabi father with paternal roots in Gujranwala, now in Pakistan, and a Tanzania-born Hindu Punjabi mother with family roots in India.
Gujranwala-born Conservative donor Lord Ranger recently said Britain would be seen as racist if Sunak lost the leadership election, while The Times quoted Sunak loyalists over the weekend as saying that Sunak would call members ” little covert racism”.
“I don’t think it’s a factor in anyone’s decision,” Sunak told the Telegraph. “I don’t think that’s right. I was elected as a Member of Parliament in Richmond … Our members put merit above everything else. I’m sure when they’re considering this question, they Just finding out who is the best person to be prime minister… Gender, ethnicity and everything else has nothing to do with it.”
During his first inaugural address in Leeds, Sunak said Sunday The campaign was so glowing that someone praised her saying, “Wow, you have got a very good tan”, which made the audience laugh.
Sunak told the Telegraph that he felt his tax hike issue was overwhelming the competition and was not getting a chance to talk about his vision for Britain, which included new machinery, equipment and research and development. Encouraging business to invest in, improve. after capital market Brexit To flow money to fast-growing companies, reform the NHS and ensure that every British child receives a world-class education.
Yet the truce has been in the lead ever since the battle for a UK prime minister turned from the House of Commons to wider party membership.
Betting exchange firm Smarkets gave Truss a 90% chance of succeeding Boris Johnson as prime minister, while Sunak’s chances of winning the Tory leadership race crashed to only 10%.
Sunak and Truss are currently taking part in a six-week election tour to vote for the Conservative Party’s nearly 200,000 members, only a small percentage of whom are of Indian origin.