Whenever you want to reach a goal in your life, especially if it is building your own business, there is one piece of advice you hear over and over again. You should have a ‘why’ that keeps you going when things get tough. And that’s good advice…but it’s incomplete. choose just one Why?—no matter how compelling it may sound—it’s not enough to get you moving when things get tough. And they’re getting harder (it’s an inevitability!) to hang onto your big dream success Why? Leading you on the road to failure.
alone Why? Problem
problem with single Why? Is it scary? it is not readily apparent that Why? You chose not to face the stress that comes with being a business owner because Why? is incomplete. And let’s be honest- walking down this path in the entrepreneurial journey has more anxiety and fear than anyone realized before. It’s one of those things that you can’t really understand until you live through it.
majority of Why? Not nearly specific enough. focus one’s attention Why? Travel pressure generally can’t be placed on things like financial independence, becoming a millionaire, or giving your kids more than you can. They are not specific and concrete enough to keep you going when the challenge is so clear and in front of you. you have to make your own Why? Specific. to be specific with yourself Why?Picture the scene of the experience with feelings that will fill you up and let yourself really go through your mind.
a Why? looks like this:
- So I can buy my dream house in the mountains for my entire family to host Christmas, baking cookies, sledding in the backyard, and making sure my parents are surrounded by their grandchildren. , which are for taking more pictures than any one person needs. Remember all this.
- So I can go to the store and buy anything without having to triple-check my account, slipping my card at the register with more peace than I would have been sitting on the beach.
- So I can set aside two hours each morning for myself and focus on my connection with my Higher Power, feeling connected to my body, exercising, and more than checking my phone. I can feel ready to take the first one day because there is no one else to answer. I make up the rules.
the more specific you make your Why?, the more compelling it is. But you’re not done yet.
to seduce Why? Pretty cool—and it’s much stronger than a flat, one-dimensional, written-in-five-seconds-in-a-convention Why?, but you really need more than one Why?,
“When you know your reason, you will know your way.” — Michael Hyatt
six dimensional Why?™
One Why? It really isn’t enough to cause massive changes and amazing things in your life. even one Why? Too weak to support truly incredible dreams. And let’s face it, if you’re reading this, chances are your dreams are big, bold, and some might even say a little crazy. The bigger the dream, the harder the journey.
This means that at times you will become so frustrated, anxious or stressed that one of your Why? Can collapse under pressure. If the pain of now is more compelling than you Why?So now the pain will win over you Why? every time. With this you are telling yourself things like:
- “I want the freedom of time, but it seems too hard – so let me do the job.”
- “I want to make it for my kids, but right now, I want to sell those kids to the circus.”
- “I want to publish a book to leave a legacy, but I never have the time. So I can live off that dream, too.”
The pain of not fulfilling your dreams should be more excruciating than the pain of not accomplishing your goals. so six-dimensional Why?™ will act as your safety net and catch you when things go wrong. six dimensional Why?™ puts forth the pain of not having what you want most and centers your mind to keep you going. That’s why it works so well.
being six-dimensional Why?™ means You never have to rely on just one motivational vision, You can clearly see how your goal will affect every area of your life. when one Why? falls short, others pick up loosely. There are six dimensions:
These Why? it may seem:
- financial: So I can pay off my student loans over the next three years, and then put all that money into an investment account for my kids so that when they graduate college, they’re off to a successful start.
- emotional: So I can finally walk into a bookstore and see the center display full of my books, watching passersby pick up a copy and take it with me to the checkout counter.
- Mental: So I can listen to my phone’s ping without a worry attack and instead feel peaceful and expansive in my life, knowing that the ping I just heard was another sales notification.
- Physical: So I can go to my high school reunion wearing my favorite dress and red bottom shoes, hearing people tell me how old I’m barely old (hair toss).
- Social: so I can take my kids and my parents to Disney World twice a year for a week or two, so we can fully take in the experience and dine at Cinderella’s Castle instead of hitting the food carts .
Spiritual: So I can look at my life before I die and know that I fulfilled my purpose, doing whatever I could to live the vision I had for my life was.
When You Write Your Six-Dimensional Why?™, you must feel its power through your body. Each person should generate a feeling from you that motivates you to work on your goals. That way, when challenges hit you hard, you have six times stronger than the challenge to tackle. perfect crafting Why? Makes all the difference in your resilience and success. Take the time to go all-in in your own six-dimensional Why?™.