Assam’s first Vande Bharat Express train connecting Guwahati to New Jalpaiguri inaugurated today: 10 things to know
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off Assam’s first Vande Bharat Express train today. Prime Minister flags off the state-of-the-art Vande Bharat train through a video presentation.
1) This new service will cover a distance of 411 km between Guwahati and New Jalpaiguri in 5 hours 30 minutes.
2) This is the first premium semi-high speed service between Guwahati in Assam and New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal in an aesthetically designed, well equipped fully air conditioned service.
3) Guwahati-NJP Vande Bharat Express train service will be operated six days a week. There will be no train service on Tuesday
4) It will be the fastest train in the sector and will benefit IT professionals, businessmen, students and tourists.
5) This train stops at Kamakya, New Bongaigaon, Kokrajhar, New Aliburduar and New Coochbehar and terminates at NJP.
6) This is the third Vande Bharat for West Bengal after Howrah-NJP Vande Bharat Express and Howrah-Puri Vande Bharat Express.
7) After Assam’s Vande Bharat launch, India will operate Vande Bharat Express trains on 19 routes across the country.
8) Ahead of the inaugural run, PM Modi said the train would “enhance tourism” and enrich “socio-economic” development in the Northeast.
“Delighted to launch Assam’s first Vande Bharat Express tomorrow, May 29, at 12 noon. This state-of-the-art train embodies our commitment to provide speed, comfort and improved connectivity.
It will promote and enrich tourism. Socio-economic development,” PM Modi tweeted.
9) Executive chair cars of Vande Bharat Express have 52 seats each, ordinary chair cars have 78 seats each and driving trailer coaches have 44 seats each.
10)Vande Bharat Express is equipped with fully suspended traction motors capable of operating at a speed of 160 kmph.