Interesting Facts You Should Know About Republic Day
Republic Day and Independence Day are the most important national festivals of India. This day is celebrated all over the country with full vigor and patriotism. This year the Republic Day celebrations will begin on January 23 instead of January 24 to bring Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s birthday into the R-Day celebrations.
This year, the week-long celebrations will include India’s largest drone show, a military tattoo and tribal dance ceremony, a parade and a beating retreat ceremony.
Here are some interesting facts about Republic Day.
* Republic Day refers to the occasion when the Constitution of India came into force on January 26, 1950. The Constitution was drafted and adopted by the Constituent Assembly on November 26, 1949.
* Since the Constitution of India came into force in 1950,
* The first Republic Day parade was held in 1950. It was held at the Irvine Amphitheater (now Major Tian Chand Stadium). 3000 Indian soldiers and more than 100 aircraft participated in this parade.
* In the initial first four years, the venues of these parades were Irwin Stadium, Red Fort and Ramlila Grounds.
* The first march at Rajpath was organized in 1955. Governor General of Pakistan Malik Ghulam Muhammad was the Chief Guest on the occasion. This is the first two times that the award has been given to a Pakistani leader.