Lata Mangeshkar’s Anniversary: Little-Known Facts About The Singing Legend
Lata Mangeshkar’s death anniversary
Today is Lata Mangeshkar’s first birth anniversary. The entire nation is paying tribute to him as much as possible. Lata Mangeshkar, the legendary musical empress of Bollywood, celebrated her first anniversary and Sudarshan Patnaik honored her with his art. Mumbai has organized a lavish musical tribute to Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar, “Latanjali”, to mark the first death anniversary.
Let’s take a look at some unknown and interesting facts about singing legend Lata Mangeshkar:
Little known facts about Lata Mangeshkar
● Lata Mangeshkar, also known as Swarkokila and the Nightingale of India, was the first musician from India to perform with the Ren Orchestra at London’s prestigious Royal Albert Hall in 1974.
● Lata Mangeshkar is one of the best Indian playback singers and is regularly heard through her melodies. Among the most enduring songs in Hindi cinema are his solos and timeless duets with famous Indian singers such as Mohammad Rafi, Kishore Kumar, Mukesh and many others. These are some fascinating details about the late Sung Purana.
● She had a passion for photography. Mangeshkar first experimented with the Rolliflex camera and enjoyed taking pictures while on holiday in the US.
● While on holiday in America, she loved spending the night playing slots in Las Vegas.
● The late diva Lata Mangeshkar said in an earlier interview with the British Broadcasting Corporation “It may sound strange. However, I loved my time in Las Vegas when I visited America. It is a vibrant city. I had a good time using the slot machines. I never played cards or roulette, but I played slots all night long. I was often successful because of my good fortune.
● Cooking and watching cricket matches, primarily Test series on video cassettes, were two activities Lata Mangeshkar used to relieve her tension.
Interesting facts about Lata Mangeshkar
● Lata Mangeshkar admitted in an interview that she flaunts autographed photos of Sachin Tendulkar and Don Bradman.
● Lata Mangeshkar came from a long line of entertainers…
● Lata Mangeshkar was brought up with a passion for music and her father’s management of a theater company.
● When the sisters (Lata and Asha Bhosle) started singing, it was with the intention of carrying on their father’s legacy….